Tossed Green Salad
- head of darkest green romaine lettuce you can find
- 1 can(s)
- kidney beans, canned
- 1 can(s)
- pickled beets, canned, julienned
- 2/3 bunch
- little green onions
- 3 medium
- 1 medium
- enough seasoned croutons for those who may want them
- sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 1 bottle
- your favorite ranch, blue cheese or roquefort salad dressing
How to Make Tossed Green Salad
- 1Wash lettuce and dry with paper towels. Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces. Put pieces into a large salad bowl.
- 2Wash and hinly slice little green onions (keeping some of the green parts). Add to the lettuce pieces in the salad bowl.
- 3Wash,peel and thinly slice cucumbers. Add cukes to the salad bowl too.
- 4Wash and core tomatoes, cut like orange slices (or however you prefer) into the salad bowl.
- 5Drain kidney beans, and pour into the salad bowl as well.
- 6Drain pickled beets, and slice each slice length-wise so that they seem more like julienne pieces. Add the beets to the salad.
- 7Toss it all together and top with sunflower seeds and croutons. Add desired amount of dressing. Voila-I love it!