Tossed Green Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1head of darkest green romaine lettuce you can find
1 can(s)kidney beans, canned
1 can(s)pickled beets, canned, julienned
2/3 bunchlittle green onions
·enough seasoned croutons for those who may want them
·sunflower seeds (shelled)
1 bottleyour favorite ranch, blue cheese or roquefort salad dressing
How to Make Tossed Green Salad
- Wash lettuce and dry with paper towels. Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces. Put pieces into a large salad bowl.
- Wash and hinly slice little green onions (keeping some of the green parts). Add to the lettuce pieces in the salad bowl.
- Wash,peel and thinly slice cucumbers. Add cukes to the salad bowl too.
- Wash and core tomatoes, cut like orange slices (or however you prefer) into the salad bowl.
- Drain kidney beans, and pour into the salad bowl as well.
- Drain pickled beets, and slice each slice length-wise so that they seem more like julienne pieces. Add the beets to the salad.
- Toss it all together and top with sunflower seeds and croutons. Add desired amount of dressing. Voila-I love it!