★★★★★ 1 vote5
- log of fresh goat cheese (unseasoned)
- finely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch
- vinegarette dressing of your choice or apricot/peach preserves and bread slices
How to Make Toasted Pecan Goat Cheese balls
- 1Roll goat cheese into 1-inch balls and set aside
- 2Toast your pecans in a frying pan on med-low heat with 1 tsp of butter and the cinnamon and nutmeg for a few minutes stirring frequently to avoid scorching your pecans
- 3Let pecan mixture cool
- 4Roll your goat cheese balls in the pecans to cover/coat completely
- 5Put each covered goat cheese ball in a mini muffin tray and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- 6Serve the warmed goat cheese balls over a fresh bed of greens with thinly sliced pears or peaches if desired. A vinegrette dressing of your choice works well with this salad!
This also makes a wonderful appetizer served with apricot or peach preserves and bread at your wine tasting party!