Spring Greens with Beets and Goat Cheese
This recipe is so good I just had to share it with everyone- I just loooove beets. Hope you like this recipe as much as I do!
- 2/3 c
- pecan halves
- 3 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- whole grain mustard
- 1/8 tsp
- 5 oz
- pkg.(5 oz.) spring mix salad greens
- 14 1/2 oz
- jar sliced beets, drained (save juice for cakes, etc)
- 1 c
- crumbled goat cheese
How to Make Spring Greens with Beets and Goat Cheese
- 1In a large heavy skillet( I use my cast iron one); cook the pecans,1 Tablespoon of the vinegar and water over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the oil, syrup, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar. Refrigerate until serving.
- 4In a large bowl, combine salad greens and dressing; toss to coat.
Divide among eight salad plates.
Top with beets, goat cheese and glazed pecans.