Salad with Pears and Candied Pecans
My family, especially my oldest son, kept eating it through the week until it was gone!
- assorted salad greens, washed and dried
- creamy italian salad dressing
- ranch salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- ¼ to ½ medium
- pears, cored and sliced
- 1 c
- pecan halves
- 1 bunch
- cilantro, washed and large stems picked out
- bleu cheese crumbles
How to Make Salad with Pears and Candied Pecans
- 1Put the onion, cilantro, one part creamy Italian, one part ranch dressing, and balsamic vinegar in a blender and process until smooth. Taste and add more vinegar, if not tangy enough or more ranch dressing, if too tangy.
- 2Put the brown sugar and pecans in a non-stick skillet and cook on medium low until sugar melts, toss to coat pecans. Do not cook too long or it will burn.
- 3Place pecans in a wax or aluminum paper lined baking sheet. Allow to cool completely. Break apart with finger and set aside.
- 4To assemble: put the greens (I use Italian blend) in a salad bowl, place the pears on top of the greens, put the pecans on top of the pears and sprinkle with bleu cheese crumbles. Serve with dressing on the side.