Rick's Favorite Greek Salad
- romaine lettuce head
- oregano, dried
- english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- grape-size tomatoes, rinsed
- sundried tomatoes (in oil), drained and halved
- 1/4 c
- kalamata olives, drained
- whole pepperoncini peppers
- 3 tsp
- sliced pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 2 tsp
- capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp
- feta cheese, crumbled
- small lemon
- 4 Tbsp
- lighter flavor olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Rick's Favorite Greek Salad
- 1Rinse lettuce and pat dry with paper towels. Thinly slice lettuce (discarding the last couple of inches - the core). Temporarily place a paper towel in the bottom of a large mixing bowl to absorb any remaining water. Place lettuce in bowl.
- 2Sprinkle with oregano; cover and place in refrigerator until serving time.
- 3At serving time, add cucumber, both kinds of tomatoes, olives, peppers, capers and feta cheese to lettuce. Squeeze juice from lemon over all and drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste, then gently but thoroughly toss to combine. Mound onto large platter and serve immediately.
- 5Note: Boiled and chilled shrimp may be added for a special treat! The lettuce can be prepped earlier in the day and stored in the refrigerator. The cucumber, tomatoes, olives, peppers, capers and lemon can also be stored together in a covered bowl until serving but keep the feta cheese separate as it has a strong flavor. Amounts can be adjusted to suit your taste.