- 6 oz
- dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- honey (good quality!)
- 1 1/4 c
- pea shoots (tendrils)
- 1 c
- mild spring greens: baby spinach, oak leaf/butter lettuce, escarole or similar
- 1/2 small
- 1/2 c
- fresh strawberries
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Pea Shoots & Strawberry Salad w/Balsamic Reduction
- 1Pour the balsamic vinegar and honey into a small saucepan. Place over a low heat and reduce until ½ its original volume. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- 2Peel and thinly slice the cucumber. Hull the strawberries and slice thinly.
- 3Place the pea shoots and spring greens in a salad bowl with the cucumber and strawberries; lightly season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction just before serving. Don't drench the vegetables and fruit with the dressing!
- 4We served the salad with slices of grilled ciabatta slathered with chevre.