PA Dutch Hot Bacon Dressing
1large head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces or
3-4 lbcooked, diced potatoes (if making potato salad)
1/2 lbbacon, cooked and crumbled
2/3 capple cider vinegar
1/4 tspfresh ground black pepper
How to Make PA Dutch Hot Bacon Dressing
- In a large serving bowl, tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Remove bacon from skillet when cooked and set aside. Do not discard bacon fat. You will be using it to complete the cooked dressing.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, sugar, flour, water, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to skillet with bacon fat. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4-5 minutes or until dressing thickens and is hot and bubbly. Crumble bacon and add to skillet. Mix well.
- Pour hot dressing over lettuce and toss to coat.
- Please note: this dressing can be used to make German Potato Salad as well. Just substitute 3 pounds of cooked, diced potatoes for the lettuce. Add 1 stalk of celery, diced and 1 small onion, diced and you have another PA Dutch style salad!!