Layered Chopped Salad by Susan
Feel free to use your own salad dressing in place of the Ranch. The thick creamy types work best, because they will make a "layer" over the top.
- head iceberg lettuce
- 3 c
- chopped red cabbage
- 10 oz
- frozen peas, thawed (not cooked)
- 2 c
- chopped bell peppers, any color
- hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small
- container grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c
- pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 c
- cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/2 c
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 bottle
- marie's ranch dressing (or creamy dressing of your choice)
- 1 c
- chopped green onions (scallions)
How to Make Layered Chopped Salad by Susan
- 1Remove the core from the lettuce and any wilted outer leaves. Chop remaining lettuce very fine. Place as the bottom layer in a clear glass 3-quart bowl.
- 2Make sure the peas are thawed and well-drained. Place the next 7 ingredients (cabbage through bacon) in layers, one on top of the other. Add feta cheese to the very top if desired.
- 3Drizzle the salad dressing over all, making a thin layer that covers the top. Use as much as you like. Finally, top with the green onions.
- 4Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill about 1 hour.
Make sure your guests SEE the salad before taking salad utensils and mixing it to serve.