- loaf (about 12 ounces) sourdough, rosemary -olive oil or roasted garlic
- 1 c
- sliced red onion
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 c
- prepared balsamic & olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 c
- grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/3 c
- pitted black olives & green olives
- 1 pkg
- european salad mix or pre-washed baby spinach
- grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Italian Bread Salad
- 1Preheat oven to 250*F. Tear bread into large cubes, about eh size of marshmallows. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly dry but not browned. Set aside to cool.
- 2Place onion slices and garlic in large salad bowl. Add vinaigrette and stir to coat. Set aside a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 3Add tomatoes and olives; stir gently to coat with dressing. Add greens, bread cubes and Parmesan; toss gently. Add more vinaigrette if needed and season with black pepper.
8 points per serving