Italian Basil Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 c
- large basil leaves, cut in half (widthwise)
- 1 large
- tomato, diced into large pieces
- 3/4 c
- mexican melting cheese, crumbled (i know it isn't italian, but trust me)
- 1 medium
- bell pepper, red or orange
- 1/4 c
- cumin & balsamic vinegarette dressing (recipe below)
How to Make Italian Basil Salad
- 1Layer, from bottom up, Lettuce, Basil, Tomato, Bell Pepper, and Cheese
- 2Drizzle with Cumin Balsamic Dressing.
- 3Do not toss.
Serve with additional dressing on the side.
- 4For dressing Mix together:
1/2 cup extra virgin Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tsp coarse ground mustard, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper