Beets canned in Lemonade
This also works well with green beans or snow peas intended for salads, as well.
After the beets are finished, use liquid in cakes instead of red food coloring.
How to Make Beets canned in Lemonade
- Boil beets for 40 minutes covered.
- Allow to cool, then peel.
- Cut into desired size pieces.
- Place in sterilize jars, filled about 3/4 of the way.
- In a saucepan, place the rest of the ingredients; bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring back up to a boil and pour into a measure cup.
- Pour liquid into jars, leaving 1/2in gap.
- Can, using the water bath method.