Beets canned in Lemonade
This also works well with green beans or snow peas intended for salads, as well.
After the beets are finished, use liquid in cakes instead of red food coloring.
- whole beets, greens set aside for other recipes
- water to boil
- 3 c
- 1 c
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- 1 pinch
How to Make Beets canned in Lemonade
- 1Boil beets for 40 minutes covered.
- 2Allow to cool, then peel.
- 3Cut into desired size pieces.
- 4Place in sterilize jars, filled about 3/4 of the way.
- 5In a saucepan, place the rest of the ingredients; bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Bring back up to a boil and pour into a measure cup.
- 7Pour liquid into jars, leaving 1/2in gap.
- 8Can, using the water bath method.