- head iceberg lettuce or a mix of lettuces
- 3 medium
- ripe tomatoes cut up
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz. bacon cooked crisp & drained
- 1 c
- regular mayo, (not salad dressing.)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- dry parmesan cheese
How to Make Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato Salad with Poached Egg
- 1Cut up lettuce into bite size pcs. Put in large bowl.
- 2Cut up or chop tomatoes and add to lettuce.
- 3Cook bacon to crisp. I do this in the oven at 350 degrees. There is no mess on the stove. I put it on a baking sheet.
- 4Break crisp bacon into pieces and add to lettuce bowl.
- 5In separate bowl, mix about 1 cup mayo (not salad dressing), about 1 TBL. Splenda, and about 2 TBL. dry parmesan cheese. Add a little milk or 1/2 & 1/2 to thin a little. Pour over salad and mix well.
- 6Poach 1 or 2 eggs, drain well with slotted spoon and towel, and place eggs over salad.