Arugula pear salad
C. Lipori (organic cook)
I tried adding bacon but honestly, didn't really notice it that much as the gorgonzola cheese is a pungent cheese and kind of takes over the flavor.
When I use one package of arugula it seems it's more of a chunky salad unless I use two packages. But who knows, maybe you like chunky salads?
If the cheese crumbles are really big break them up so they are smaller.
1 to 2 pkgprewashed baby arugula in the 4 oz containers.
1 pkggorgonzola cheese crumbles 5 oz package
1 mediumred pepper, chopped
1 mediumpear, chopped
1 mediumcucumber, peeled and chopped
1/2 cextra virgin olive oil
2-3 tspbalsamic vinegar
2-3 clovefresh garlic, pressed
1 tsphimalayan salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
4 slicebacon cooked and crumbled(optional)
How to Make Arugula pear salad
- To start dressing: Put oil, pressed garlic, salt, pepper and vinegar into small bowl. Set aside.
- In large salad bowl, empty container/s of arugula, add in (chopped) cucumbers, pepper and pear.
- With a whisk, whisk up oil and ingredients till mixed well. Then pour over top of vegetables and fruit in the large salad bowl.
- Mix up the oil mixture with the vegetables and fruit with salad fork and spoon till dressing is covered the vegetables and fruit well.
- Pour in the gorgonzola crumbles and mix well, then serve into bowls. Garnish with a few cheese crumbles.
- Optional: crumble bacon into salad mixture.