ALMOST Guilt-free Wedge Salad
1head iceberg lettuce
8slices turkey bacon
GUILT-FREE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
1 clite or fat-free mayonnaise
1 clow-fat or fat-free buttermilk
1/2 cbleu cheese, crumbled
2 Tbspmixed dried herbs, your choice (basil, oregano, thyme, parsley)
1 to 2 tspfresh-ground black pepper
1/4 tspgarlic powder
*dash or two cayenne pepper
*salt to taste
CANDIED PECAN TOPPING
1/2 cpecan halves
·dash or two of cayenne pepper
·salt to sprinkle on top
·sugar to sprinkle on top
How to Make ALMOST Guilt-free Wedge Salad
- cut lettuce head into quarters. Place each on own plate or in bowl.
- Slice tomatoes into wedges. Arrange on plates/bowls around lettuce wedge.
- Cook turkey bacon in microwave until crisp.
1. Lay pieces, side by side, on paper-towel covered plate.
2. Cover with another paper towel.
3. Cook for 3-6 minutes depending on microwave. Mine is 1000 watts and it takes about 4-5 minutes. Check after 3 minutes of cooking, continue at 1 minute intervals until crisp. Careful...it burns easily.
- Let bacon cool. Crumble into small pieces.
- For Dressing:
1. Combine mayo, buttermilk, herbs, seasonings. Mix well. Add blue cheese and stir until combined. Can store in fridge for about a week.
- Pour dressing over each salad. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and candied pecans.
- For pecan topping:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, and water; stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Bring to boil. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Add pecans and stir until coated.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pecans to a pie plate and sprinkle lightly with salt, cayenne & a little sugar.
6. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and lightly caramelized. Let cool.