- 2 pkg
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 c
- watermelon juice*
- 1 &1/2 c
- white grape juice
- 1 tsp
- shredded lemon peel
- 1 &1/2 c
- assorted chopped fruit (such as peeled peaches, nectarines, pears, and/or green grapes
- 1/2 c
- crumbled feta cheese
- mint leaves
How to Make Watermelon Salad
- 1In a medium saucepan sprinkle gelatin over watermelon juice. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in grape juice and lemon peel.
- 2With a ladle or cup, transfer half of the watermelon juice mixture to a 2 quart glass dish. (I doubled the recipe and used a 9x13 glass dish). Add fruit. Cover and refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until thickened to the texture of egg whites to "lock in" the fruit (keep remaining watermelon juice mixture at room temperature).
- 3Carefully spoon remaining watermelon juice mixture over set mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours more or until all layers are set.
- 4Top with crumbled feta cheese and mint leaves before serving. Makes 9 servings.
- 5*To juice watermelon, puree seeded chunks in blender; strain to remove pulp.