Watermelon Mozzarella salad - Perfect treat for summer
The original recipe uses cantaloupe but I really did not enjoy the flavors. But when I tried it with cold watermelon, I fell in love with it. The magic is all in the zesty salad dressing! It helps to bring out the flavors of watermelon and marinates Mozzarella as well.
And believe me it is very refreshing, light and delicious. Now we prefer to eat watermelon this way only!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a refreshing and light appetizer! This is perfect to munch on by the pool or relaxing at the park. I really enjoyed the crushed red pepper in this recipe - it kind of gives it a surprise bite. The Test Kitchen
- 3 c
- cold watermelon bite-sized balls or cubes
- 1 c
- bite-sized fresh part-skim mozzarella balls or cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly chopped mint leaves
- of salt
- of red crushed pepper
How to Make Watermelon Mozzarella salad - Perfect treat for summer
- 1Put watermelon cubes and mozzarella in a serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice, chopped mint, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- 2Pour dressing over the melon and mozzarella then toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- 3Enjoy!! I guarantee this will surely please you and your family.