Tailgate/Picnic Salad On A Stick
It is great for tailgating, picnics, lunch boxes, or any place where a bowl and fork may not be convenient.
Just choose your favorite ingredients - for vegetable or fruit salad - thread on a throw-away plastic or wooden skewer, add dressing in a disposable plastic cup (or even a ziplock baggie).
No mess to tote home, kids love it, and the variations are endless!
- iceberg lettuce, cut in chunks
- tomato chunks, seeded and juice drained
- cheese chunks
- olives, green or black
- large croutons
- hard-cooked eggs, cut in fourths
- fruit chunks (banana, orange, apple...) whole cherries, strawberries, etc.
- firm cream cheese chunks
- walnut halves
- disposable skewers and dressing containers
SUGGESTIONS: GREEN SALAD
SUGGESTIONS: FRUIT SALADS
*With the baggie you can just clip off a small corner and drizzle on your salad!
Throw away the disposable skewers and dressing containers - no dishes to tote home (or wash!)!