Strawberry Spinach Salad with Baked goat cheese
Strawberry and balsamic vinegar are match made in heaven. What a Perfect combination.We totally enjoyed this Salad with a warm bite of baked Goat Cheese and crunchiness of Pecans in every bite.
4 ozgoat cheese
1/4 cbread crumbs
1/4 chalved pecans
2 Tbspgood quality balsamic vinegar
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 tspdried mustard
6 ozbaby spinach
2 cdiced strawberries
2green onions - green part chopped
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad with Baked goat cheese
- Freeze goat cheese for at least 30 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 375?F. Remove goat cheese from freezer, and slice into thick rounds. Dredge the goat cheese in the bread crumbs, making sure to completely cover the cheese. Place goat cheese rounds on a baking sheet. Place pecan halves in an even layer on same baking sheet. Bake until pecans are toasted, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven, and roughly chop pecans. Set aside.
- While you are waiting for 6 minutes, start preparing for Spinach salad so that you can immediately serve it with warm goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, EVOO, and mustard. Whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Clean strawberries and spinach with water but make sure they are completely dry before you use them otherwise the dressing won’t be able to cover the salad properly ( Use salad spinner for best results).
- Now Toss the spinach, strawberries, and green onions (if using) in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the mixture, and toss to combine. Divide salad evenly into four bowls. Top with chopped pecans and a goat cheese round.
- Enjoy this healthy, flavorful and refreshing summer salad just in 15 minutes!