Pear Pecan Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 or 2heads of bibb lettuce
8grape tomatoes cut in half
1/4 ccraisins (dried cranberries)
2bosc pears sliced
8whole pecans (candied)
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cprovolone cheesee (bought in chunk)
2 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Pear Pecan Salad
- Wash and dry lettuce. Bibb lettuce works very well with this recipe.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half
- Put the lettuce, tomatoes, craisins in a bowl. Slice the pears into thin wedges and mix with lettuce.
- Candy the pecans by melting the butter and adding the sugar-when melted together, add pecans and coat. Cook for about 4 minutes turing them.
- Make the dressing. Mix venegar and oil together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and top with the candied pecans. Makes 4 portions.