Pastel Marshmallow Lemon/Lime Dessert
This recipe was also posted in the Taste of Home Magazine---but is a lot older than this, about 1950's. Still good no matter when,or if some think it is a "new" recipe!
- 6 oz
- lemon/lime jello or 3 oz. pkg. of each flavor
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 3 oz
- pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 8 oz
- can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 c
- chopped salty pecans
- 10 1/2 oz
- pastel mini-marshmallows
How to Make Pastel Marshmallow Lemon/Lime Dessert
- 1In a large bowl, combine the jello and boiling water; stir until jello has dissolved. Chill until slightly thickened (so like egg white thick).
Beat cream cheese on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- 2Using a small bowl and a whisk, combine milk and instant pudding mix, whisking until thickened. Chill 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 3Add the fluffy beaten cream cheese to the slightly thickened jello(like egg white thick).Stir in the thickened pudding and fold in the pineapple.
- 4Pour into a 9x13-inch glass dish. Sprinkle with the salty nuts and marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set.