Pam's Razzapple Jello Salad
This one started with a simple box of Raspberry Jello, and bloomed into a great salad to go with turkey, chicken or just about anything.
- 1 box
- 3 oz. raspberry jello
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 to 4 oz
- 1/2 small
- apple,peeled, cored and chopped (i used gala, but could use a tart one)
- 1 medium
- celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans (toast if desired)
- 1/3 to 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- one quarter of lemon
- 1 small
- dab of mayonnaise for garnish (can mix equal parts mayo and whipped cream as alternative)
How to Make Pam's Razzapple Jello Salad
- 1Choose a 1 qt glass or Pyrex casserole and heat 1 cup of the water to boiling in microwave. Remove dish and add pkg of Jello. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes until jello is completely dissolved. Add remaining 1/2 c cold water, lemon juice and applesauce. (If you refrigerate the applesauce the jello will set a little faster). Stir until blended.
- 2You may use either method below to finish assembling your salad:
For layered look, add chopped apple, pecans, celery and shredded cheese when jello is still liquid. Those additions will float to the top and give you a layered look. Cover and refrigerate until fully set.
For fully mixed with additions suspended in jello, Cover jello, refrigerate until thickened and syrupy. Then stir in additions so they are distributed throughout the mixture. Re-cover and refrigerate until fully set.
- 3When ready to serve, You can either cut the jello into squares and serve on lettuce leaf, or scoop servings onto lettuce leaf.
Top with mayo or whipped cream and mayo mixture and serve. (You can place a raspberry on top, or sprinkle with a few chopped nuts if desired)