MAGICAL SUMMER FRESH FRUIT SALAD
- athena cantalope, peeled, seeded, and cut into one inch chunks
- 2 c
- red meated watermelon, seeded and cut into medium chunks
- 2 c
- fresh red seedless grapes
- 1 c
- fresh green seedless grapes
- 2-3 c
- fresh blueberries
- fresh and sweet peaches, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large
- can, mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 c
- fresh and sweet, sliced strawberries
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 c
- slivered almonds, toasted and set aside
- 10 oz
- package of frozen, sweetened, sliced, strawberries, thawed and set aside
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
- drizzle of honey
How to Make MAGICAL SUMMER FRESH FRUIT SALAD
- 1Juice Lemon and set juice aside.
In seprate small bowls:
Set toasted almonds aside
Set drained oranges aside
Set chopped Mint aside
- 2Open package of thawed, sweetened, strawbewrries, pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3Wash berries and grapes, drain well, dry on paper towel, Slice strawberries. Put all these together in a medium bowl, set aside.
Peel, seed, and cut melons, and peaches as directed. Add to the berry mixture.
- 4In a large bowl, combine melon pieces, peaches, grapes, strawberries you sliced, (not the former frozen ones !!, blueberries,and oranges in a large bowl. Pour lemon juice over fruit and gently flip fruit to cover with juice.
- 5Pour the 10 oz thawed strawberries over fruit in bowl, toss to coat. This will give the fruit just enough of added sweetness.
Gently empty fruit mixture into a large pedestal glass serving bowl.
- 6Sprinkle top of fruit with toasted almonds. Scatter chopped mint leaves over almonds.
Gently drizzle a small stream of good quality honey back and forth across top criss crossing, leaving about a 3 inch space between drizzles. COVER WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND CHILL 2 HOURS BEFORE SERVING, giving fruit flavors time to mix.
- 7May serve with a spoonfull of CoolWhip if desired.
*** This is a very attractive dish in large bowl and when served. You can add other fresh fruit to suit your taste. These are my favorites.