★★★★★ 1 vote5
2bananas (fully ripe, flecked with brown), slice on the bias
·juice from 1 orange
5 mediumoranges, peeled and sliced
3 cfrozen pineapple chunks, drained
2 cwhite seedless grapes, or halved grapes, seeded
1 can(s)syrup from pineapple chunks
1 1/4 ccoconut, flaked
1 bottle(7 oz) ginger ale (optional)
1/2 cmaraschino cherries
How to Make Layered Fruit Salad
- coat banana slices in orange juice.
- lay half of banana slices in a large bowl, covering the bottom.
- place a layer of oranges over bananas. repeat with pineapple and grapes.
- sprinkle with half of the coconut. repeat layers of fruit.
- pour reserved pineapple syrup over all, chill thoroughly.
- at serving time, pour ginger ale over all layers.
- sprinkle with remaining coconut and dot with whole maraschino cherries.