- frozen or fresh strawberries. frozen-1 bag; fresh-1-2 pints
- frozen or fresh blueberries. frozen-small bag; fresh- 1/2 to 1 pint
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 container, either large or small, whipped topping, thawed
- mixed berries, frozen instead of the strawberries and blueberries
- sliced or cubed white cake or angel food cake
How to Make Fourth of July Surprise
- 1If using fresh fruit, wash berries, then slice and hull strawberries. Slice the bananas into 1/2 inch rounds. Reserve the bananas for later.
- 2In a large bowl combine the fruit except the bananas. Fold in the whipped topping.
- 3Layer the sliced bananas on top and refrigerate until serving.
- 4This can be served as is or layered over sliced or cubed white cake/angel food cake.