1 can(s)dark sweet cherries, pitted with juice (15 1/2 oz. can)
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, drained
1 pkgcream cheese (8 oz.)
1 cpecan, chopped
1 boxcherry gelatin
2 ccold cola (soft drink)
·mini marshmallows, if desired
How to Make Cherry Salad
- Reserving the juice, drain the cherries then cut each cherry in half.
- Scatter the cherry halves, drained pineapple, and pecans across the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Cut the cream cheese into bite-size chunks and evenly scatter them over the fruit and nut mixture.
- Place the reserved cherry juice in a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the cherry geletin mix.
- Turn off the heat and stir until it begins to cool and thicken.
- Stir in the cola and pour over the fruit and nut mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours or perhaps over night until the jello sets.
- To serve, cut into small squares and serve. You may even choose to serve over a bed of mini marshmallows. Enjoy!