Caramel Apple Salad
This salad, needs a little prep, because you have to start it the day before, for chilling purposes. But we all know it, and we don't care! LOL!! Enjoy!!
- 20 oz
- can,crushed pineapple (or chunks), drained and juice reserved
- 2 c
- mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- cool whip, thawed
- 2 to 3 c
- diced, unpeeled apples (i like gala)
- 1 1/2 c
- salted spanish peanuts
How to Make Caramel Apple Salad
- 1Combine the drained pineapple with the marshmallows.
Let stand in the refrigerator over night.
- 2I a saucepan, over medium heat, mix together and cook the pineapple juice, sugar, flour, vinegar and the egg until thick.
Refrigerate over night.
- 3The next day, mix sauce and Cool Whip. Add remaining ingredients, mix well. Garnish with a few chopped nuts.
- 4Chill several hours before serving.