Blueberry Waldorf Salad
It uses blueberries both whole in the salald and pureed in the dressing. Spinach, Granny Smith apples and toasted walnuts make it special!
- 1 c
- fresh or thawed blueberries (divided)
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 4 c
- baby spinach or mixed spring greens
- tart apple (such as granny smith) cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 c
- pecan or walnut halves, toasted
- 1/3 c
How to Make Blueberry Waldorf Salad
In a blender, combine 1/2 Cup of the blueberries with the oil, marmalade, lemon juice and mustard.
Blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, toss spinach or greens with the apple slices,pecans or walnuts and remaining blueberries and raisins.
- 3Portion out 4 individual salads.(or, you can leave in one big bowl and have everyone put dressing on there salad individually.)
Just before serving, blend dressing again until smooth and drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.