AUTUMN APPLE WALDORF SALAD (SALLYE)
Makes a great holiday side dish.
1/2 crice vinegar***
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin***
1/8 csherry (optional)
2 largegranny smith apples
2 largered delicious apples
3green onions (optional)
1/2 to 1 cwalnut halves
How to Make AUTUMN APPLE WALDORF SALAD (SALLYE)
- ***NOTE: You can substitute 2 to 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise in place of the vinegar and olive oil.
Place vinegar and oil (or mayonnaise) in a small bowl with sherry. Whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- Dice the celery into bite sized pieces and set aside.
Thinly slice the green onions and set aside.
- Wash and core the apples. *DO NOT PEEL*
Dice into pieces as small or as chunky as you desire.
Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add walnuts, celery, and onions to the apples.
Pour the dressing over the apple mixture and gently mix well with wooden spoon until all the ingredients are coated.
- You can add more oil and/or vinegar or mayonnaise a tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Best if served immediately.