Apple-Walnut Salad-Ga's Favorite
Some names and some recipes survive for generations. This one is the way he likes it. I think some people would add more ingredients, but he likes it simply prepared and with "his favorite mayonnaise "CAIN'S".
- apples, unpeeled, chopped
- walnuts, halves or chopped
- cain's mayonnaise!
- *optional, celery, my suggestion -not his choice
- green leaves of lettuce for serving this is pretty too.
How to Make Apple-Walnut Salad-Ga's Favorite
- 1Rinse,core and dice apples. Leave the skin on for color! Use crispy,MACS, or GALA, or a combination of your choice. A sprinkle of lemon juice on the apples helps keep them from turning brown while preparing them.
- 2Mix apples and walnuts, and spoon in enough mayonnaise to be moist, not soupy.
Amount of apples, walnuts and mayo depends on how many servings you are making. I make enough for four people, as it tastes good when chilled after one day, but not much longer. Keep it covered tightly.