Acini DI Pepe Salad
The recipe originally came from muy sisters employee cook book St Law Psychiatric Center Centenial Cookbook. The cook was JoAnn Whitford.
It's a really sweet salad, almost a dessert.
- 1 c
- acini di pepe. uncooked
- 16 oz
- can chunk pineapple, drained reserve juice
- 16 oz
- can mandarin oranges, drained reserve juice
- 2 large
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- 8 oz
- carton cool whip
- strawberries, marshmallows, coconut, blueberries etc:
How to Make Acini DI Pepe Salad
- 1Cook Acini per package directions, rinse, and drain well.
- 2Mix together in a saucepan the eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and juices from oranges and pineapple.
- 3Cook and stir until thick, pour custard over cooked Acini. Cover and chill overnight.
- 4Next day stir in Cool Whip, fruit, and serve. Add optional fruit you are using at this time also.