★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium
- chicken, roasted, skin & bones removed, shredded
- 1/2 c
- craisins, divided
- 1/2 c
- pecans, divided
- 1 c
- light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c
- dijon mustard, preferably country style
- 1 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 c
- salad greens
- belgian endive, separated and washed
How to Make Summertime Chicken Salad
- 1Coarsely chop half of the cranberries and pecans; reserve remaining 1/4 cup of each.
- 2Toss the chicken with the chopped cranberries and pecans; set aside.
- 3Mix sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and cayenne pepper until blended.
- 4Add sour cream to chicken mixture; blend well.
Salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
- 5Arrange greens on salad plates; top with endive "cups". Scoop salad onto the endive.
- 6Garnish plates with reserved berries and nuts.