10chicken thighs (or 1 whole fryer)
3 boxjiffy cornbread mix
4-5 mediumonions, chopped
4-5 stalk(s)celery, chopped
1 1/2 - 2 tspthyme
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sam's Cornbread Dressing
- Bake cornbread according to instructions on box.
- Boil chicken with 1/2 of the onions and celery until almost done.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Saute' the other 1/2 of the onions and celery. Put chicken and seasonings into it and stir.
- Put all back into the broth and cook about 10 minutes or until done.
- Crumble cornbread and add chicken and vegetables. Stir and add broth until moist.
- Put in oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.