1 bunchromaine lettuce head
1/2 ccanned mandarin oranges drained
1/2 calmond slivers
1/2 cchow mein noodles
1/2 cfresh orange juice
1 tsprounded of corn starch
3 largechicken strips deep fried or grilled
How to Make Orange Chicken Salad
- Brown chicken strips in hot oil, or grill until done.
- Break lettuce into small pieces while the chicken strips are browning.
- Put the lettuce into a decorative bowl
- Add the mandarin orange,and slivered almond pieces to the lettuce.
- Mix the water and corn starch together in a microwave safe bowl. Add the honey and orange juice to the corn starch mixture.
- Microwave until mixture comes to a boil. Immediately remove from the microwave and stir gently. Let sit.
- After chicken is done remove from skillet, and drain on a paper towel. As soon as possible cut the chicken strips into 4 pieces each.
- Put the cut up chicken pieces into a bowl and cover with the orange juice mixture from the microwave. Stir to coat well.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the romaine, mandarin orange, slivered almonds. Pour any of the orange juice mixture that is left on top of the chicken
- Sprinkle the Chow mein noodles over the top of the salad and serve immediately.