My Best Chicken Salad
4boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1onion, small, yellow
1/4 cparsley, chopped
·mrs. dash (original)
1/2 cmiracle whip
·salt and pepper
How to Make My Best Chicken Salad
- Poach chicken over low heat with celery tops, chopped onion, carrot cut into large pieces, salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash for about 30 minutes.
- Finely chop celery and parsley
- Remove chicken from broth to cool. Cut into large pieces. Place pieces in food processor or mini-chopper. Pulse until chicken resembles large grains of sand. It should be coarse, not a paste.
- Combine chicken, parsley, a capful of Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper to taste, and celery.
- Add mayo and Miracle Whip. Fold to combine. Add more mayo if necessary.
- Serve on crackers, croissants.
- Strain broth of vegetables. Freeze broth for later use.