Favorite Chicken Salad
- 2 c
- chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 c
- celery, finely chopped
- 2 c
- seedless grapes, halved (i use red or purple)
- 3/4 c
- chopped pecans, walnuts, cashews or sliced almonds
- 1 can(s)
- ( 11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 1/2 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra nuts for garnish
How to Make Favorite Chicken Salad
- 1Combine the chopped chicken breasts, celery, grapes, mandarin oranges and chopped nuts together in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl combine mayo, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together.
- 3Add the mayo mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir together to blend.
- 4Serve as a sandwich filling (I love the delicacy of this recipe served on sliced croissants) or as a stand alone salad on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with extra chopped nuts to garnish.
- 5VARIATION: I sometimes use fresh, sliced strawberries instead of the mandarin oranges. I have also used chopped apples. These combinations are really good as well.