★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 lbboneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
1/2 tspsalt, divided
1/3 clow-fat plain yogurt
1/3 clow-fat mayonnaise
1 Tbsphoney mustard
1/4 tspfreshly ground pepper
1/2 cthinly sliced celery
1/2 cpecans, toasted and chopped (see tip below)*
1/2 cdried tart cherries, chopped
1head boston or butterhead lettuce, trimmed
How to Make Chicken Salad with Pecans & Dried Cherries
- Place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan, cover with water and add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle,10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in bowl
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size pieces. Add the chicken, celery, pecans and cherries to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 4 plates and top with about 1 cup chicken salad each.
- *Tip for toasting nuts:Spread Nuts on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast small or sliced nuts or seeds, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- *Servings: 1 cup each
Calories:380, Fat:17g, Sat fat:3g, mono fat:8g, Cholesterol:85mg, Carbs:23g, Sugars:10g, Protein:32g, Fiber:3g, Sodium:452mg, Potassium:428mg