Chicken Salad with Fresh Peaches
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Wow! I never thought of adding fresh peaches to a chicken salad... I was in for a wonderful fresh surprise. The flavor mix in the salad dressing is fab too. I can't wait to serve this next time I have my girlfriends over. I think it'll be a hit! The Test Kitchen
- chicken breasts- boneless and skinless
- cucumber- peeled, seeded, and diced
- peaches- peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 c
- red onion, diced*
- 1 c
- almonds, slivered
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Salad with Fresh Peaches
- 1Toast the almonds: Place single layer of nuts in skillet. Over medium low to medium heat, stirring constantly, toast until golden and fragrant. (Be careful not to burn them.) When cool store in airtight container.
- 2Poach the chicken breasts: Add chicken to large pot of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. I like to add a chicken bouillon cube and seasoned salt to my water for extra flavor, but it's not necessary.
- 3Drain chicken breasts. When cool, shred (or dice if you prefer).
- 4In bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add chicken, cucumber, peaches, and onion to the bowl. Mix gently.
- 6Chill. When ready to serve, sprinkle toasted almonds on top.
- 7* If you don't like the strong flavor of onions in your chicken salad, soak them in cold water for about 10 minutes and drain. This makes the flavor mild.