Can be put atop a bed of lettuce and served with crackers or can be made into a luscious sandwich with either mini or full sized croissants.
I guarantee your family and guests will love it.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 - 6
- split chicken breasts
- 1 lrg. can(s)
- crushed pineapple drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/2 lb
- fresh green seedless grapes, quartered
- 4 stalks
- celery cut lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 c
- craisins any flavor
- 1/2 c
- walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 c
- mayonnaise, light
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken base
How to Make Chicken Salad
- 1Cook chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon chicken base for 1 hour. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
When ccoled remove skin and bones and dice Chicken.
- 2Add over half of a large can of drained crushed pineapple to chicken.
- 3Add sliced celery, green grapes, craisins,and walnuts to chicken and toss together.
- 4For dressing mix mayonaise and slowly add reserved pineapple juice a little at a time, until desired consistancy. Make sure dressing does not get too thin, if so just add additional mayonaise.
- 5Pour into chicken mixture until well coated. The pineapple juice and mayonaise make this salad. Salt and pepper if you wish.