★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 bunch
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz of lightly salted cashews
- 1 1/4 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar(s)
- low fat poppyseed dressing
- 1 pkg
- frozen sweet peas
How to Make Cashew Cauliflower Chicken
- 1Wash and cut up one head of califlower, into bite size pieces. Use 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and lightly fry unbreaded bite size chicken breast pieces, about 30 minutes. You can season with paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. The last 5 minutes of frying the chicken add 8 oz of cashews to pan. Take chicken and cashews out of pad, and drain on paper towels. Add to the califlower. Add one bottle of low calorie poppyseed dressing. Chill for 2 hours or more. Serve cold.
- 2For more texture and flavor, add 1 small bag frozen sweet peas to the salad.
- 3For Mardigras, I added frozen sweet corn, frozen petite peas, and shredded purple cabbage, which are all mardigras colors. It was divine. I took it to work for a mardigras party, and only had about 1 cup left from a 10 quart tupperware bowl.