BALSAMIC CHICKEN W/SALAD (SALLYE)
4 mediumboneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pincheach of sea salt & black pepper
1 or 2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar with roasted garlic
2-3 mediumscallions or green onions
1 largegranny smith apple
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 can(s)(15 oz) black beans
2 cbaby spinach
1/2 ccilantro or flat leaf parsley( leafs only)
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make BALSAMIC CHICKEN W/SALAD (SALLYE)
- Drain and rinse black beans and set aside
- Thinly slice the scallions or green onions.
Slice the celery into thin julienne strips.
Coarse chop the spinach leaves
Core the apple and cut into small pieces (do not peel), sprinkle lemon juice on it for keep from turning brown.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper mixture over both sides of chicken breasts and set aside on cutting board or wax paper.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, turning once. (6-8 minutes per side).
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet and continue cooking, flipping the chicken once to make sure it is completely coated with vinegar.
Deglaze the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon, stirring to avoid the vinegar mixture burning.
- Toss the scallions, apple, celery, lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large bowl. with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fold in the beans, chopped spinach and cilantro or parsley leaves.
- Slice and nest the chicken on top of the salad.
- Good as a complete meal or can be served with sides of your choice.