Let them eat...cheeseburger salad!
I'm trying to get my grand children to eat more veggies and they love salad and of course, cheeseburgers. So I made this and it was a big hit w/ them. Not a morsel left! I make it for myself, but using ground turkey to make it healthier.
- sesame seed buns, split, cut into strips
- 1 small
- red onion, cut in 1/2, chopped
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped hamburger dill pickles
- 2 Tbsp
- prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 small
- red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 c
- chopped lettuce, l used boston lettuce
- tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 c
- shredded american or cheddar chhese
How to Make Let them eat...cheeseburger salad!
- 1Heat oven to 425. Place bread strips on a cookie sheet. bake 5-8 mins, or until just crisp.
- 2Spray a lg skillet w/ cooking spray, set over med-high heat. Cook beef until browned. Drain fat and return to pan. Stir in chopped onion, pickles and mustard. Stir until combined. Turn off heat.
- 3Arrange lettuce on serving platter or separate salad plates. Spoon beef mix evenly onto lettuce. Top w/ sliced onion, tomatoes and cheese. Place toasted bread around salad.