Grilled Steak Salad
Photo: Eating Well Magazine
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- dried oregano
- 1 lb
- flank steak, trimmed
- 1 tsp
- salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp
- pepper, divided
- sweet italian green peppers or 1 large bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- small eggplant (about 1 lb), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin, divided
- 2 large
- tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
How to Make Grilled Steak Salad
- 1Pre-heat grill to high.
Cook oregano in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2Cut steak in half lengthwise; season with 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper. Brush peppers and eggplant with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 3Oil the grill rack. Grill the meat, turning once, about 10 minutes total, for medium.
Grill the peppers, turning once, until softened and charred in spots (about 10 minutes).
Grill the eggplant until browned and slightly soft (about 8 minutes).
- 4Add tomatoes, onion and garlic to the bowl with the oregano. Drizzle with vinegar and the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil. Season with the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Toss to combine.
- 5Chop the eggplant and peppers, and cut the steak across the grain into thin slices; add to the rest of ingredients in the bowl. Toss to combine.
Serve over watercress and add crusty bread to soak up the dressing. Yum!!