Flank steak salad
Hint: Sometimes I don't even use a separate dressing, because the oils from the peppers and artichoke hearts flavor and dress it enough.
1 largeflank steak
1 largeromaine lettuce head, roughly chopped
1 jar(s)roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1-2 jar(s)marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 smallred onion, sliced
1/4 cdried cranberries
1/4 cfeta cheese, crumbled
1 largeavocado, cut into chunks
1/4 csteak rub/seasoning of your choice
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Flank steak salad
- Preheat grill, and reduce to low heat.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-low heat, saute onions in about 1 tbsp olive oil, for approximately 20 minutes to caramelize them. When done, set aside.
- Season steak with steak rub on both sides.
Coat grill with oil, and grill steak over low heat until steak is cooked to medium-rare (or your preferred temp). When done, let rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut into thin slices.
- To serve, dish up some of the lettuce onto a plate or in a bowl, and top with steak and remaining ingredients (red peppers, artichoke hearts, cranberries, cheese, grilled onions, avocados).
- Drizzle the salad with olive and balsamic vinegar.
- NOTE: You can either add all salad ingredients to a bowl and toss before serving, or have each ingredient separate and let each person choose which toppings work for them.