Old Time Witches Soap
The long time it takes to cure is well worth the wait.
- 4 lb
- 13 oz
- 5 c
- cold water
- 1 Tbsp
- lavender essential oil
- 1 Tbsp
- patchouli essential oil
- 1 c
- fresh strawberry juice
- 1/4 c
- dried soap bark herb (optional) from herbal shop or craft shop
How to Make Old Time Witches Soap
- 1In a large iron kettle or enamel pot, melt the lard over very low heat. In as separate pot, stir together the lye and the water. Heat lard until small bubbles begin to appear, but do not boil. Remove from heat and slowly pour the lye solution into the lard.
- 2With a large wooden spoon, stir in the lavender and patchouli oils, the strawberry juice and soap bark herb.
- 3Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into 2-inch greased pan and allow to cool 24 hours.
- 4Cut the soap into squares and leave in the pan for at least 72 hours before removing.
- 5Place the soap bars on waxed paper and allow them to cure in a draft free area for at least 4 weeks before using.