Vegetable Garden Insect Spray
I have used it on broccoli, tomatoes, green snap beans, bell peppers, lettuces and spinach.
The insects do not like these flavors!
- 1 gal
- jug (a milk bottle w/cap works)
- funnel (to add your ingred. easily to the jug)
- fine wired kitchen strainer
- 1 gal
- very warm water
- smashed garlic cloves ( or 2 tbsp garlic powder)
- 2 Tbsp
- hot pepper flakes
How to Make Vegetable Garden Insect Spray
- 1Put the funnel in the bottle, then add all the dry ingredients.
- 2Pour in the very warm water. Hold the cap tightly and shake to mix.
Let this steep for several hours or overnight.
Use a fine strainer to filter out the particles into a sprayer or spray bottle - each time you fill up - or else the smallest pieces will clog your sprayer nozle
Store in your garage or wherever you keep your gardening items. Because as this sits and steeps, it does get strong.
- 3I spray this solution on my garden veggies when their leaves are fairly grown and your season is showing more signs of bugs!
Note: You must reapply after a rainfall.
You will actually watch the insects fly away as you spray this. Those white moths love to fly around your broccoli to lay their eggs...so when you start seeing those white moths around your garden..better get out your spray bottle!