Symbolic Message of Herbs:
symbolic language So do Herbs. Flowers have become the more popular way to convey messages of love and caring. But as early as the Victorian era, herbal bouquets were exchanged to express that which words could not.
Some herbs have very specific messages, such as
Rosemary which symbolizes remembrance says, "Your presence revives me."
A considerate nosegay of Chives asks, "Why do you weep?"
Verbena's reassuring message is "You have my confidence."
Abor Vitae conveys unchanging friendship saying, "Live for me."
Mugwort bestows sentiments of happiness and travel, telling its recipient, "Be not weary."
Sage speaks of domestic virtues, long life, and good health. Its potent message is, "I will suffer all for you."
Alas, not all herbal messages are loving or even uplifting.
Borage speaks of bluntness and says, "Your intentions only embarrass me."
Lemon Balm begs, "Don't misuse me,"
the spiciness of Savory tells
it like it is, "The truth may be bitter."
Goldenrod offers a little more encouragement while sending a message of indecision, pleading,
"Allow me time to decide."
OTHER MEANING ARE BELOW
How to Make Symbolic Message of Herbs:
- 1Balm - sympathy
- 2Basil (sweet) - good or best wishes, love or serious intentions
- 3Bergamot (Monarda, Bee Balm) - compassion, sweet virtues
- 4Betony - surprise, healing
- 5Calendula - sacred affections, joy, remembrance, grief
- 6Catnip - intoxification with love
- 7Chamomile - energy in adversity
- 8Cilantro (Coriander) - hidden worth
- 9Cowslip - pensiveness, happiness
- 11Elder -zealousness
- 12Fennel - worthy of praise or flattery
- 13Geranium - present preference
- 14Gloxinia - a proud spirit
- 15Hop - injustice
- 18Mint - grief, homeliness, wisdom, eternal refreshment
- 19Marigold - despair, grief, honesty
- 20Nasturtium - optimism, splendor
- 21Pennyroyal - flee away
- 22Peppermint - cordiality
- 23Santolina - protection
- 25Southernwood - bantering jest
- 26Spearmint - warmth of sentiment
- 27Tansy (Tannacetum) - resistance, life everlasting, hostile thoughts
- 28Thyme - thriftiness, happiness, courage