Diabetic Leg Salve
The added bonus of it smelling like sugar cookies always helps when a you have to apply it. who could resist.
How to Make Diabetic Leg Salve
- In a cup put the cocoa butter and the coconut oil. mic for 1 minute and stir, then 1 minute more. if more time is needed to melt the butter then do so in 30 second time slots and stir.
- Once they have melted just put in the essential oils and stir well and put into a salve jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Leave top off until fully cool. then cover and label.
- Cocoa Butter -
Cocoa butter is often recommended for treatment of skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. When applied topically, it creates a barrier between sensitive skin and the environment and also helps retain moisture. In addition, cocoa butter contains cocoa mass polyphenol (CMP), a substance that inhibits the production of the immuno globulin which is known to aggravate symptoms of both dermatitis and asthma. Preliminary research indicates that CMP actually helps suppress excessive T-cell activity in the immune system, which could help treat conditions associated with overactive immune systems, such as psoriasis
- Grape seed Essential oil
It has mildly astringent qualities which help to tighten and tone the skin, which makes it useful for acne and other skin complaints. It is rich in linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid quite important for the skin and the cell membranes. Grape seed oil has regenerative and restructuring virtues and has great skin moisturizing properties.
- Lavender oil is known for its skin healing properties Analgesic, antibacterial, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic. Healing ulcers, wounds, infections, inflammation, rashes, scars, psoriasis, eczema
- Peppermint E.O. ~Analgesic (topical), anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer properties, blocks calcium influx into muscle cells causing inhibition of isolated contractions, calms and strengthens nerves, inhibits and kills micro-organisms (Candida albicans, Herpes simplex, Influenza An viruses, Mumps virus, Pseudomonas acruginosa, Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus) and stimulates circulation.
- Benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-fungal, antibacterial, soothing
- Because of the way essential oils naturally encourage our own bodies
to work harder toward health, bacteria cannot become "resistant" to essential oils.
- WARNING: as with any Essential oil or substance going on your skin. Do a test strip. a small area on the fold of your elbow or wrist