Catherine Thompson Floyd
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·very cold water
·very hot water
How to Make Bruise Remedy
- As soon as possible, get the waters prepared in containers that will accommodate the injured part. If it is a foot, use a bucket for both extremely cold and hot waters.Use only Clean water. If finger or thumb, smaller containers, but have ice and tea kettle of hot water handy to keep waters at temperature needed.
- First plunge injured part into hottest water that you can stand for as long as you can tolerate. Wipe water with towel and raise above heart as much as possible and squeeze injury...milking it gently and as firmly as possible towards heart. This hurts. Of course. This injury will hurt a whole lot less soon. Milk this injury toward heart, rubbing towards heart a few times or as tolerated.
- After a few times of milking or rubbing, plunge injured part directly into coldest water you can tolerate. Be careful with the cold water as you can get frostbite! Just keep injured part in till it feels cold and then wipe. Rub or milk once again for a few times and then immediately back into the hot water.
- Repeat this process and each time as you do this you will start feeling that it is not as sore. You are forcing the blood that is leaking from the capilliaries back and causing the healing process to accelerate.
- Often for a smashed finger/thumb doing this for 2 to 3 days is all that is needed. Of course, sprains will take much longer, but this definitely helps heal the affected area faster. OF COURSE< FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS for sprains/broken bones. But for bruising and smashing a finger, this works great! If unable to get to the hospital/doctor, at least give this a try for sprains if you have the supplies available.