Removing bad smells
Following are a number of tricks that work. Many may well work for other smells but have listed them according to what i know they work for.
How to Make Removing bad smells
- Storing a fridge or freezer over a period of time unused.
Chock door open slightly, leave several tea bags inside, when go to use fridge again discard tea bags.
To keep bad smells from fridge in use, place half an onion in fridge, DO NOT EAT ONION it will absorb all sorts of stuff from fridge, only makes fridge smell of onion for first few days.
Also works for a smelly rubbish bin in some cases, place half onion in bottom of bin.
- Polecat/ cat spray, pet "accidents", stale milk, spilt cuppas etc
Pole cats here are stoats/ ferrets, closely related to skunks so assume works for them too, tomatoes are rumoured to work but often it isnt practical to use them on the surface effected. As mentioned also works for spilt milk/cuppas etc on carpet, furniture.
Liberaly cover area in baking soda, leave a day or so then vacumn up. Reapply if need be.
- Smell of death or rotten meat, not a pleaseant situation but it arises at times.
On hot element/stove top places onion rings skin on, burn until incinerated, repeat if need be.
- 420 and other such odours
On hot element place lavender leaves/stalks, burn until black, repeat as required.
- Petrol/diesel/ jays fluid stains in clothing etc, wash in hot wash with 1 cup lavendar fabric softener, leave to air in sunlight n weather for 5-7 days.
- Removing grease, oil, diesel from hands, find a patch of dry dusty dirt, grab a decent handful, rub over hands, effected areas, wash normally with soup.