Raptor's garlicy beef Ugly Cookies
People who know Raptor know she is very fussy. will not eat real bacon or sausage. So I was quite supprised that she stood there until I stopped handing her cookies.
They are also very crunchy so it takes a minute to eat. and added plus with a big dog.
- 1 c
- leftover beef gravy (mine was homemade)
- 2 Tbsp
- beef stock, from a jar
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- flour (i used spelt)
- 1/4 c
- corn meal
How to Make Raptor's garlicy beef Ugly Cookies
- 1In a small sauce pan mix gravy and beef stock and stir until blended. take off stove.
- 2In a mixing bowl put all the ingredients and mix well.
(My dog started hanging out under my feet at this time)
- 3Spray a lipped cooking sheet (Not bakers secret) and spread into it. Mine was 9x11 and I put it from end to end. about 1/2 inch thick. Cook at 350 for 15 minutes. It will be set and soft. take out and cut into squares I did 5 rows of 4. or 20 pieces. for small dogs I would make them about as big as those small cheddar crackers. Maybe 1 1/2 inch square
- 4Return to the oven 15-20 minutes more. they will be starting to get hard and have shrunk a little. Don't worry. Keep them in over night in your turned off oven. If giving out ahead for a taste like I had too, cool in freezer for 10 minutes before giving to the dog. They will be tender crisp at this point. Leaving them in over night will make them crisp.
- 5They look ugly but Raptor loves them and the garlic is added protection for keeping away fleas
Onions do nit mix with dogs so if using onions in gravy do not use for this recipe.
Salt can be very dehydrating, use unsalted when ever possible in both the stock and the gravy. Aldo leave lots of water around for your pet at all times,